Health, Safety & Welfare
European Students (European Economic Area - EEA)
Students travelling to the UK from an EEA member state are entitled to free healthcare (emergency and non-emergency) if they have and present an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) when they attend a hospital, GP or other NHS health service. Te register for an EHIC please click here.
Non European Students
Students travelling to the UK from outside the EEA are entitled to free emergency healthcare using the NHS, where in the opinion of the doctor the treatment is immediately necessary.
All students are advised that some procedures (eye tests, non-emergency dental, glasses and repeat prescriptions) will be eligible for free NHS treatment, therefore they may wish to buy priate medical insurance for the duration of the study period. Students that would like emergency repatriation to their home country should also buy this insurance before travelling to the UK.
The safety, welfare and security of all students, staff and other visitors to ISE is very important. ISE maintain a duty of care towards all students, staff and other visitors via our policy to:
- conduct and update risk assessments of all external activities;
- provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from all other school operations;
- consult with our teachers, administrators and other staff on matters affecting health and safety;
- provide and maintain safe teaching, office and computer equipment;
- ensure safe handling and use of dangerous substances;
- provide information, instruction and supervision for all members of staff;
- ensure all employees are competent to do the tasks required, through adequate training;
- prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- review and revise our Health & Safety policy as necessary at regular intervals.
ISE maintain a welfare officer as a first point of contact for any health or welfare issues at any time. Please contact our welfare officer Afsaneh in confidence on email at: email@example.com or by calling +44 (0)7925 025 840