Young Learners Extension to CELTA
University of Cambridge ESOL
Young Learners (YL) Extension: 2 weeks
University of Cambridge YL Extension is for practising teachers who want to extend their expertise or gain a specific, recognised qualification for young learners.
For successful YL Extension candidates, CELTA holders' certificates will be upgraded by UCLES, other teachers will be awarded a certificate of achievement. Please note that only holders of CELTA will be Certified by Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate.
|July 2012||YL Extension||Mon 30th July '12||Fri 10th August '12||ISE Hove||Â£ 655
Content & Objectives
The YL programme is practice based and integrates theory with classroom practice throughout the course. For working teachers, it may be possible to use existing classes.
By the end of the course, successful candidates will be able to:
- transfer and apply awareness of language and knowledge of English teaching methods, from an adult to a young learner context
- demonstrate an understanding of the context within which young learners learn English, their motivations and the roles of teacher & learner in this process
- transfer, adapt & apply the principles of effective teaching from an adult to a young learner context
- transfer, adapt & apply a repertoire of skills for classroom teaching of English to adults, to the young learner context
- demonstrate an awareness of appropriate resources and materials for use with young learners of English for teaching, testing & reference
- identify (further) opportunities for their future development as professionals in this field.
YL Extension are accredited and externally assessed by the University of Cambridge ESOL Department.
To apply please complete the attached YL Extension Application Form.
You must also complete a YL Extension Pre-Interview Task withÂ your application.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Young Learners (CELTYL) course has been discontinued from 2010.